Kenyan artist Kevin Bahati has broken his silence after his latest collaboration with his fellow artist Mr. Seed, “Mimi na Wewe” was abruptly deleted from YouTube.
The track, released on August 14, 2026, had gained views before it was pulled down, sparking outrage among fans and raising questions about the role of music distributors in the digital era.
Bahati has shown grievances to Ziiki Media, accusing them of maliciously pulling the new collaborative single with Mr. Seed after its release.
In a selfie video recorded, Bahati expressed frustration and accused the company of deliberately targeting his work, which costed him a lot of money for the project, including a full music video shoot, making deletion a significant financial blow for both him and Mr. Seed.
“There’s nowhere in our contract that says, don’t do collabs. There’s nowhere. I have managed over 20 collaborations through this channel…these guys have frustrated my music career in a way that I no longer feel like releasing new music,” Bahati said.
According to Bahati, his contract with Ziiki Media had already expired, leading the distributor to release clean songs. He says this is not the first incident, as previously did a collaboration with Rwandan artist Brue Melody that similarly disrupted by the company.
Bahati has appealed to the government to revoke Ziiki Media’s license, warning that the company’s actions are destroying Kenyan music careers.












