Detectives have intensified investigations into violent disruptions that marred the Linda Mwananchi rally in Homa Bay on August 16, 2026, with 25 suspects identified in connection with the chaos.
Preliminary investigations have identified individuals believed to have played key roles in organising and executing the violence, with detectives pursuing leads to establish their involvement.
Police say the probe has also uncovered a wider network of suspected hired youths and repeat offenders allegedly mobilised to instigate violence, intimidate members of the public and disrupt peaceful political activities.
So far, 22 suspects have been presented in court, where detectives secured custodial orders to facilitate further investigations.
The National Police Service says investigators are pursuing all leads to identify, arrest and bring to justice those suspected of orchestrating violence and threatening public order.
The NPS has cautioned members of the public against being recruited or manipulated into violence, warning that political differences should not be used to justify chaos, destruction or intimidation.
Police said individuals who mobilise, finance or participate in violence will face the law.












